Use the Videosystem
How to use the Video system
This page describes how to use the Sony video system in the seminar/coffee room with a CERN/ATLAS Vidyo meeting.
- Switch on the TV and the camera set-top box.
- Make sure that the LAN cable of the camera set-top box is properly connected.
- Go to "Telefonbuch" and select "VidyoCERN"
- Or go to the "Manuelle Wahl" dial section and type in the Vidyo gateway IP address: 126.96.36.199 or vidyogw6.cern.ch (get the "." signs by pressing the "Phonebook" button). Press Connect.
- A friendly voice and Vidyo screen should appear.
- Press the "*" key to be able to type in the Vidyo meeting room extensions number next. You should hear a telephone dial tone after every pressed button next.
- Type in the 7-digit Vidyo meeting room extension number followed by the "#"-key. This number is usually given in the "Video service" details section of every indico agenda meeting. The LMU analysis meeting uses e.g.: 9241863#
- If necessary type in the PIN of the Vidyo meeting followed by the "#"-key.
- Mute the sound in case you'd not like to be heard in the meeting.
- Change to "Objektkamera" in case you'd not like to be seen in the meeting.
- More technical details are given at: