Literature about Supersymmetry
On this page we keep a list of literature on supersymmetry that is suited for Bachelor, Master and PhD students starting to work on this field of physics.
- 1 Introductory Literature on Supersymmetry
- 2 Experimental Results on Supersymmetry
- 3 See also
Introductory Literature on Supersymmetry
- Ian Aitchison: Supersymmetry in Particle Physics: An Elementary Introduction
- This book is not very comprehensive but succeeds not only to explain the phenomenology but also some basics of the mathematics of Supersymmetry in a way that it is more or less easy to access.
- Also available as a (probably) older version on arXiv: http://arxiv.org/abs/hep-ph/0505105
Katharina Müller: Einführung Supersymmetrie
- Einfacher und übersichtlicher Einstieg in die Supersymmetrie. Motivation für SUSY, das Teilchenspektrum und Feynmanregeln des MSSM und Zerfallskanäle, die für den Nachweis von SUSY-Teilchen wichtig sind, werden besprochen.
Supersymmetry and LHC
- A.V.Gladyshev, D.I.Kazakov: Supersymmetry and LHC
- arXiv: http://arxiv.org/abs/hep-ph/0606288
- Nice and comprehensive read for beginners.
Lectures on SUSY
- Lectures hold at CERN: http://indico.cern.ch/conferenceDisplay.py?confId=a063387
- (the first part of the first lecture should be understandable, but you could also have a look at the 2nd through 4th part; the CERN lectures are of interest in general)
A Primer on Supersymmetry
- Stephen P. Martin: A Supersymmetry Primer
- Often given to students as an introductory paper to read about Supersymmetry it's certainly not one of easiest to digest, but it is kept up-to-date and a good source to quickly look up information on Supersymmetry basics.
Baer and Tata's Book
- Howard Baer, Xerxes Tata: Weak Scale Supersymmetry
- This book is very complete at a basic level. It includes an extensive and precise construction of supersymmetric relativistc quantum field theories.
SUSY Benchmark Models
- S. S. AbdusSalam et al.: Benchmark Models, Planes, Lines and Points for Future SUSY Searches at the LHC
- This is a short overview of common benchmark models used to study Supersymmetry at the LHC. Of course, as exclusion limits extend some models become less relevant, but the paper is still a useful reference to understand the commonly used acronyms like mSUGRA, CMSSM, GMSB, NUHM etc.
- Pierre Binétruy: Supersymmetry: Theory, Experiment, and Cosmology
- covers a broad range and goes beyond what is covered in beginner's courses on Supersymmetry
Experimental Results on Supersymmetry
Results of SUSY Searches in Run-1 of the LHC
- I.-A. Melzer-Pellmann, P. Pralavorio: Lessons for SUSY from the LHC after the first run
- An overview of results of SUSY searches during the first run of the LHC (2010-2012) conducted by the ATLAS and CMS collaborations. There are many papers about what are messages to learn from the first LHC results on SUSY, but this paper also features a general introduction to the basic concepts of searches for SUSY at LHC (experimental challenges, naturalness, etc.).
- arxiv:1404.7191, also contained in a special issue of EPJC, Supersymmetry after the Higgs discovery, with several review articles on SUSY