LMU PCs at Cern
PCs at CERN
- pclmu5, pclmu6, pclmu7, pclmu8, pclmu10: Intel CORE 2 Duo, 8GBite ram, kubuntu 10.04 64 bit
- pclmu4: Intel P4 3GHz, kubuntu 10.04 32 bit
- pclmu2, pclmu3: disconnected
- Reachable via lxplus
- Login: Request account from Felix Rauscher. User-name and password will be your NICE/AFS password.
- Home directory: You will have a local home-directory under /pclmuX_home/<username>. You can access your afs-home via /afs/cern.ch/user/<initial>/<username>
- AFS tokens: If afs does not recognize you, enter aklog, or if that fails kinit and then aklog.
ATTENTION: You need to perform the following steps to get part of your home directories into backup.
- Create a file called .to_backup in your home-directory, and add one line for each subdirectory of your home directory. Only relative paths are allowed. e.g.:
#important stuff MyImportantStuff #documents Documents
- This will put the directories ~/MyImportantStuff and ~/Documents in the backup.
- You will find your backups in ~/net/pclmuX/backup_disk/YYYYMMDD/home/username, where pclmuX is either pclmu5 or pclmu6, YYYYMMDD is the date of the backup and username is your login.
- Backups will be kept for 7 days.
- Please use this sparingly. A quota of 80 Gb is set for each user on the backup disk.
- Copy your .globus directory to your local home directory
- source ini_dq2
- voms-proxy-init -voms atlas
- dq2_get ..
- Ubuntu comes with the old (and buggy) version 5.18/00b. This is set up per default.
- To get 5.26/00 type: source ini_root
An SLC5-environment is emulated via . Use this to run/compile atlas software (e.g. athena).
- xhost +local:; schroot -c slc5 -p setarch i686 /bin/bash
- You might want to set an alias. Add the line alias slc5='xhost +local:; schroot -c slc5 -p setarch i686 /bin/bash' to your local .bashrc
- to exit the environment press <ctrl>-D
NOTE: Usage of skype is restricted at CERN, and only allowed under the following conditions. See Skype rules
- Set the port number to 50123: After the first start of skype, right-click on the skype icon in the system tray, and click on options. Go to the "Advanced"-page. Under "Connection" set the port number.
- Sign out of skype, whenever you do not need it, especially, when you leave. (Right click on the skype icon in the system tray->Quit.)